Thursday, January 31, 2019

Five Minute Friday - WHERE


Join the Five Minute Friday link up! 

There is always a specific place WHERE you feel most like yourself. Where you can be as silly as you want, as quiet as you want, as loud as you want, as sad as you want or as happy as you can be. There is always a place WHERE time seem to stand still, and laughter fills the air.

For me, this place is home. I've traveled the world and moved with my family to live at 14 different addresses. I promised them that our home is permanent... or at least a permanent dwelling from which they can fly. I love being home. It's truly where my heart is.

Some may think my world may seem small, but my home isn't just the four walls I live in or the place I call my sanctuary. Home is the city I live in, the family all around me, and the place from which I begin each journey.

My home... WHERE I believe dreams come true, lives can change, and love lives.

9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful exposition of home.

    The only place I ever felt 'right' was in combat, and now, with terminal cancer, I feel I'm home.

    Your neighbour at FMF.

    https://blessed-are-the-pure-of-heart.blogspot.com/2019/01/your-dying-spouse-575-sometimes-you-get.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. I too believe home is where love is. Met you on the Five Minute Friday linkup. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this as home is truly the place where we can most be ourselves. I think this is my first time here so may I say, "I'm glad to meet you :)"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like you, I love being home. I think this is my first time to your blog -- hi! FMF #19

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! I was just talking with someone yesterday who described her home in a very similar fashion and I pointed out that so many people spend a lifetime chasing this! Beautiful!

    www.rainydayinmay.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this expression of home. It's what I tell my husband often - welcome home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that first paragraph, it is so true how ourselves we can be in the where of home!

    ReplyDelete