Friday, May 17, 2013

Five Minute Friday.... SONG


Fridays make everyone happy, don't you agree? If it's Friday then it's time for Lisa-Jo Baker's Five Minute Friday. If you've never been a part of the fun, read up on what we get to do and join us all on twitter next Thursday night for the Five Minute Friday Party #FMFparty and meet a lot of fantastic people who love to laugh.

These are the guidelines from Lisa-Jo Baker's blog. Come on and join the fun!


We write for five minutes flat. All on the same prompt that I post here at 1 minute past midnight EST ever Friday. And we connect on Twitter with the hashtag#FiveMinuteFriday
No extreme editing; no worrying about perfect grammar, font, or punctuation.
Unscripted. Unedited. Real. (Go check out the rest on her blog. You'll be glad you did!)
Today's writing prompt is SONG
Do you have a favorite song? Think about that seriously for a moment. Your all time favorite song. Now, in the comment section below I want you to tell me what that song is. I'd love to know what song moves you, what song brings back beautiful memories, what song inspires you.  I started trying to come up with my favorite, and I have favorites on different levels, if that makes sense. I have a favorite worship song. "His Eye Is On The Sparrow" sung by Charles Billingsley. Then I have a favorite Bon Jovi Song, "I'll Be There for You"..... you know I had to include Bon Jovi. Then there's the all time favorite Elvis song, "Young and Beautiful". Then of course there's my favorite song from the 80s, "If You Leave." from the soundtrack Pretty in Pink. Favorite classic rock, "Smoke Gets In Your Eyes", and if you don't know that one then it's time to google. There are so many to choose from, and I'm not sure I have a favorite today. Oh, wait... yes I do. There's a song called. "You Make Me Smile"..... and that's the one song about the man that I'm completely in love with but haven't met yet. haha. Have a lovely time traveling down through your memories and thinking about all the songs that have touched your life. Remember, "What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger."  
Now that you've had some time to think... what's your favorite song???? 


4 comments:

  1. I loved reading your list of songs - I can so relate to many of them!!!

    Gosh, my favorite song. I have so many. Probably what comes to mind are Agnes Dei, anything by Jack Johnson and Coldplay, Keb Mo...I can't even pin one down as a favorite because there are so many!

    Visiting from Five Minute Friday - great to "meet" you, Vanessa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so now I'm trying to figure out what are some of my favorite songs. Here's my first thoughts, Edith Piaf's song, "La Vie en Rose." That was the song I heard in Paris when my husband proposed. Then there are some hymns which I have come to love, "It is well with my soul." "Jesus, Savior, Pilot Me." and then there are a few Eurythmic songs, of course several 80's tunes which bring back a million memories! Great post, it made me smile! Five Minute Friday buddy right here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many that touch me....but I think one of my favorites is "I Smile" by Russ Lee. It is a song that we discovered when we were in the midst of family crises really and it was something we could share with our teenagers. We all pretty much came to know Christ through the crises of that time. The Joy of Christ just makes me smile! Because I smile when I think about the way God turned our life around! We saw Russ Lee in concert and he was on fire for the Lord,it was palpable! Makes me smile still. You should listen to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's certainly a lot to know about this subject. I like all of the points you made.

    Also visit my webpage :: Health spa Resorts a Standard to get noticable an incredible Peace

    ReplyDelete