Sunday, April 1, 2018

The A to Z's of Yard Therapy - A is for ACCURACY.



A is for ACCURACY

I have a love hate relationship with gardening. In my family the joke is... don't give it to Vanessa because she'll kill it. Really... I do try to keep plants alive. Growing anything takes accuracy. Getting things right to make things grow. We'll see how the garden shapes up as we travel from A to Z. 


I think my outward failures have been a reflection of inward darkness. We've all been down dark roads. Shaking the dust from my shoes and moving on. Don't you just love a fresh start? 

The same goes for my writing. I have a love hate relationship with editing. Commas seem to be my nemesis. Too many or not enough. Overused or sadly forgotten. I write... and it consumes me in such a way that I forget things like.... punctuation. I lack accuracy. 

Accuracy is a new goal. Learning to look at a situation, evaluate, determine what needs to be done accurately to improve, and move on. 

Learning to shoot a bow with my son. Yeah.... I'll get back to you on that accuracy in a later post. 

Happy A to Z everyone! Let the fun begin! 

3 comments:

  1. I remember getting one of my stories edited and it came back with a gazillion more commas. I posted a sample to a writing group and asked if she was being a comma Nazi. Everyone told me, NOPE! LOL - I tend to write conversationally, using commas where I want a pause. Oops!

    Donna B. McNicol|Author and Traveler
    A to Z Flash Fiction Stories|A to Z of Goldendoodles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pause... and it feels right to place a comma! hahaha!

      Delete
  2. Punctuation is a tough one. I have trouble with semi-colons. I tend to leave commas out if they are not (in my opinion) necessary for the flow. Good one for the A to Z!

    ReplyDelete