Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Happy July 1st IWSG!!!

                                             IWSG Badge

Taking time from blogging and focusing on teaching had been good for me, but I'm ready to jump back in and try again! There are quite a few "fresh starts" on this blog, and each of them are real and good for their time. A fresh start is good for you! Making life count. Making memories. Creating time to do the things you love. 

I have a new manuscript ready to send out, and while it's exciting, it's exhausting. My last publisher closed due to health reasons, and now the hunt begins anew. 

While writing is a major part of who I am, I am thankful to see my kids venturing into the world of writing! My oldest has a publisher reviewing her manuscript. This will be her first novel! I'll keep you updated! 

The July 1st question for the IWSG - July 1 question - There have been many industry changes in the last decade, so what are some changes you would like to see happen in the next decade? Goodness, so many changes! I think all publishers should be in a place to accept email submissions. To me, it's a red flag if they don't. 

Have a fabulous day writer friends! Tell me what you're working on. Rough draft? Editing? Procrastinating - I'm the queen, so don't even try to take my place! hahaha. 







15 comments:

  1. Totally agree on email subs. It's crazy that some don't accept those!
    Congrats to your oldest - that's incredibly exciting!!
    I'm working on book 4 and trying to remember to promote books 1-2 that are coming out soon - there's always so many things to do!
    Good luck finding a new publisher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s so nice that you’re a family of writers! I’m writing a lot but nothing specific!
    https://nooranandchawla.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great a publisher is considering your daughter's manuscript!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on your publisher hunt and best of luck to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting for your daughter! Good luck with your hunt for a new publisher. May you both have success!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm looking for a publisher too, so I can understand the exhaustion you feel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with the new manuscript! I completely agree about email submissions -- there's no reason to send half a tree through the mail anymore

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think all publishers should be in a place to accept email submissions. To me, it's a red flag if they don't.

    Amen.
    As somewhere else I hate to post through Google because I never use it! Nonetheless, right?

    ReplyDelete
  9. A good point about the email submissions. I had assumed in this day and age, that would be a given. As I'm not yet at the point of submission, I will watch for it as my own red flag. Good luck with your search for a new publisher.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats to your daughter and good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing this information. It is really helpful. Please visit our blog also.
    "Mom Blog Names"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing this information. It is really helpful. Please visit our blog also.
    "Blogs for Women"

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wishing you all the best on your hunt for a new publisher.

    ReplyDelete
  14. THis blog has very nice information and amazing facts to read. Thanks for sharing this post! You can also check our blog.
    Jobs for Pregnant Women

    ReplyDelete