Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Happy IWSG Day!

January 3 question: Do you follow back your readers on BookBub or do you only follow back other authors?


I haven't been on BookBub in so long I guess I didn't know I could follow! Perhaps I need to be more active. 

So with the new year there's a lot of talk about resolution. I didn't make one this year. I decided to make sure I write at least 500 words a day. That's something I know I can do. Oh sure, I could vow to lose weight, and I probably will, but I don't want to fail the first month, so a writing goal is much easier! 

Plus, I'm going to do more marketing and platform building. Writing... that's what I want to do, but marketing is a necessity! 

What do you do to help market yourself? 

6 comments:

  1. It prompted me to go check out my BookBub profile yesterday.
    Five hundred words is doable. And if you are behind a little one day, do more the next and just make it an average.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like 500 can make sch a difference for me! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. Just sitting in a chair and writing one sentence will often lead to another -- and if it doesn't, at least you keep the habit alive, right? Best of writing this new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The habit of writing is what I'm hoping for. I get in such ruts!

      Delete
  3. I figure the best thing I can do to market myself is finish my next damn book, so that's what I'm focusing on this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working on the one that I've wanted to finish forever. It feels a lot bigger than I first imagined it to be!!!

      Delete