Friday, October 12, 2012

RACE.... #FiveMinuteFriday


Jump on board with Lisa-Jo Baker and her #FiveMinuteFriday. If you've never been a part, then make today your first time! Lots of fun and you'll enjoy every post you read! Come on now, you know you have five minutes. Link up!

Our prompt for today threw my mind into a whirlwind, so this post goes all over, but worked for me.

The word for today......

RACE.......



When I saw this word I drew a blank and then all these movie lines started flooding me. I began to laugh and realized this was my post. So bear with me. Want to know the first thing I thought of... Fred Flintstone's feet under that rock car of his. Then the coyote and road runner... okay.. I know that has nothing to do with RACE... it's just what popped in my head first.

Then I thought of RAT RACE.... have you seen that movie? It absolutely cracks me up, but one part... one guy says, "It's a race!"... and  now that line lives on in my mind as one of those laughable lines you just keep with you.

The one big RACE I think of in movies... you remember Cannon Ball Run? Burt Reynolds:? Too funny, but the theme song from Smokey and the Bandit came to mind. Now, that will be stuck all night!

How about the Oklahoma land race scene of Far and Away with Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman?.
Best scene. Best lines. My favorite..... someone says... "Let's pretend we're starting out instead of ending up."

Want to live like that? Get out of the everyday rat race and grab that love of your life. Make today count because we're not in a race to prove anything in this world... no really..... all you have is right now.

RACE...to live.

I'm out of time.
Whew!

5 comments:

  1. Haha -- I love that all those movie scenes popped into your mind! And I don't remember Far and Away very well at all, but that's a beautiful line. :) I clicked over from Lisa-Jo's and love that you took "Race" and painted such a beautifully wide spectrum with it. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. Love the different approach. So fresh - nice to make me look in another direction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your train of thought. Love this: "Make today count because we're not in a race to prove anything in this world... no really..... all you have is right now."

    ReplyDelete