Friday, January 6, 2017

Five Minute Friday.... CONNECT



I've always enjoyed being a part of the Five Minute Friday group. If you would like to join in the fun, hop over and like the FMF facebook page.

We take the prompt word and write whatever comes to mind for 5 minutes. This week's word is.....
CONNECT.

Ready, set, go.........

We often fail to really connect with other people. I am guilty of doing so myself. I am a textbook introvert so I can easily not talk to people and move right along with my life. I get busy with my family and with my work and tend to neglect everyone else. So, my dear friends, I apologize for not making effort, but I intend to change that.

I love spending time with my fabulous four, but as they get older they will be moving away to college (yeah, try next fall!). I want to make it a point to connect with my children on a daily basis so that when the time comes for them to spread their wings they can fly with the foundation of family. We connect as we laugh. We connect as we cry together. We connect as we pray. Daily connection with the people you love comes through quality time. It's my Love Language... that's a different story.

So as we connect, reconnect, disconnect.... be sure to take time to have quality time to connect with the people in your life. Make this the priority the keeps you going!


Hey, let's connect!

An added note: We are still watching the eagles! It has been so amazing to watch the hatching and the feeding! Hop over and see on the Eagle Cam.

5 comments:

  1. Enjoyed watching the eagle cam for a bit! :)

    I'm an introvert, too! 100%!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those eagles have been such a huge hit! You'll have to go back when the sun's up and see it!

      Delete
  2. I wrote about connecting... actually, more accurately disconnecting... with our becoming young adults so they can become. But so true... to be able to disconnect in a healthy sense, there has to be lots and lots of connecting already done. :-)

    your fmf neighbor ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your blog! Ahh... the disconnection... yes it is happening here! Healthy and right!

      Delete
  3. It is so easy to get busy or focused and forget or neglect to connect with others. Thank you for the reminder of how important connection is.

    ReplyDelete