Monday, September 10, 2018

Take 20

In a recent conversation with a friend, we discussed the importance taking time for yourself. The non-sharing time of motherhood that has to be guilt free and just for you. Wait.... what? We are allowed to do this??? 



It is necessary for the people in your life that you love, and for your personal growth and survival that you take a minute to collect yourself.... daily. 

I've battled taking time for myself for a while. Being a single mom there is a lot of guilt that comes with alone time. I could be doing 10,000 other things other than focusing on me. Do you have any idea how much laundry the people in my house create? So why in the world would I waste time on me when my world needs attention... constantly? 

What good am I to any of those that I love if I don't take of myself and be the best me I can be for them? The best me.... takes time. A better me... takes effort. A healthy me.... take a lot of discipline. Time to take time... don't you think? Time to take just 20 minutes a day for me. Today, part of my 20 minutes was given to exercise... uninterrupted... no sharing.... no talking exercise. The other part of my 20 was writing. I don't write as much as I should, and it's so much a part of who I am. My mind was clear and I felt like I could rejoin my family and give them more attention.

I'm going to take that 20 minutes a day..... EVERY SINGLE DAY.... and see what happens between now and Christmas. Check back in, and you are welcome to join me! 


No comments:

Post a Comment