Monday, June 10, 2024

Find Your Reset

It's summer break for me, or as I like to call it the season of restoration. Teacher burnout is real! Burning out in life is real! I suck at marketing my books because I burnout. I have pretty much lost the flow of this blog too.

Burnout! 

I was getting up every day and exercising for at least 30 minutes before work.... then burnout! 

I'm cleaning out every cabinet and every closet.... burnout! 

I'm completely revamping the things I teach for the next school year... burnout! 

Heart broken... same old story... burnout! (So done with that)

Here's the definition of burnout - physical or mental collapse caused by overwork or stress. (I felt like a house of cards... collasping in on itself).


I came across a tiktok today of a beautiful man that just showed up on my for you page. He spoke with kindness and peace in his voice and he reminded me to breathe. I promise I wasn't. So I did. I stopped. I breathed. It was nice! 

I shouldn't burn out and neither should you! This world is ready to chew me up and spit me out if I allow it. I felt like this year has been one for the books! I resolved that I just didn't like people, but in all reality, I can pinpoint the exact moments of my burnout. I'm a nice person, and I love my family and friends, but I've needed a M-O-M-E-N-T to collect myself lately. 

Seems like I'm always talking about getting out in front of it... like Frankie Heck... but in reality, you better find your reset button. It is NECESSARY! 

I'll never pursue happiness or perfection, but I'm all for peace and joy! 
Restoration... that's the brain fog lifting! 
I think I'll go write for a while and enjoy a strong cup of coffee. 

Reset, restore... get ready for more! Live the good life and pursue peace! 

What do you do for your reset? 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment