Friday, May 4, 2012

Happy Star Wars Day

May the 4th be with you.... that's the theme of the day. Don't you just love a day when everyone plays along online and has some fun?
Am I a Star Wars geek? Perhaps, but I don't know every amazing detail about the movies. I don't know the names of everyone. I don't know details of all epic battles. However... one thing rings true... I'm of the generation that grew up seeing the very first movies, and yes I was Princess Leah when I was younger. 

It's not about knowing the movies in detail that makes us all Star Wars geeks. It's the feeling you get when you finish such an epic journey from the imagination of others. Lucas, Tolkien, Lewis... we've enjoyed the ride through every twist and turn in the recesses of  their minds. The books we read, the movies we see... they all become a part of our language, a part of our thoughts, a part of our writing. 

So, if it's been a while, make it a Star Wars Weekend! Pop enough popcorn to last, and enjoy! 

Now I like Pinterest, and the people on there are fabulously creative... so would you if you could? 

One last thing.... in the comment section, tell me your favorite Star Wars quote. I have so many, but this one is a favorite:
C3POSir, the possibility of successfully navigating an asteroid field is approximately 3,720 to 1. 
Han SoloNever tell me the odds.



2 comments:

  1. I've enjoyed watching the Star Wars movies. Don't really have a favorite quote from any of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laugh it up, fuzzball

    You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought.

    ReplyDelete