Thursday, April 4, 2013

A to Z Challenge: Letter C


Day three and I'm still here! My blog has suffered from neglect lately, but I'm back! For the month of April, I'll be posting retro facts from the 70s and 80s, organizational helps (I know my mom is laughing), a bit of Cherokee trivia, and some fun for those who pass this way on their A to Z journey. I'll be posting a writing prompt, either a word or a picture for anyone willing to participate.

Go retro - CASSETTE TAPES.... I still have a bazillion and my kids still play them. 
This was on my desk tonight. Remember that show? Straight from 1987.

Organize - CALENDARS. If you don't keep up with you, who will? Make it a priority this month to make a schedule on a calendar somewhere. Give yourself the gift of a deadline and make progress! I'm organizing my entire house by the end of April. 

Cherokee Trivia - CULTURE. Great site for kids to discover facts about the Cherokee CULTURE

Writing Prompt - CRACK in the window. Tell me in three sentences what happened. 

Lastly, I'm proud to post for the Insecure Writers Support Group

The first Wednesday of each month a band of fellow writers post from our host, Alex J. Cavanaugh. Go sign up! This month is apparent to any who are reading this on Thursday. I need to manage my writing schedule better. Writing is what I do so it should be what I do with passion and priority. I'm finding myself dappling in so many writing groups and pages lately that it's counterproductive. An online presence for a writer is imperative, but so is writing! Time to shake things up and finish my next manuscript.... and my blog post for the letter D. 






11 comments:

  1. Ah cassettes...I remember them well. Of course, you remember 'mix tapes' too, right? I had a ton of those I taped from radio stations. I used to even tape songs from t.v. shows.

    Definitely a different time, back then.

    My IWSG topic was pretty much the same as yours. Nice to see I'm not the only one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently pulled out an old cassette tape, and my boys were as fascinated by it as my old manual typewriter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still have a whole drawer of cassette tapes and my kids can't believe it. They find them amusing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know first hand how getting into too many groups eat your time away. Though last year it was an amazing experience to participate in the A to Z, this year I'm more concentrated in my writing. Now I'm almost jealous of all you doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not only do I have my cassette tapes, but my "mix" tapes as well with recording from the local radio stations!!

    Thanks for sharing!

    www.wearinglemon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember the old Beauty and the Beast. it was great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Justin lay on the ground, still hidden behind the sofa. The crack in the window, from the bullet, was evidence that his enemies knew he had the dragon egg. He now knew that they would do anything to get him and it.
    -Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  8. I use to sit and try and record my favorite song from the radio on my trusty cassette player. Without a doubt the dj would come on too early and ruin the whole song!! LOL
    Connie
    A to Z buddy
    Peanut Butter and Whine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello! I loved my cassette players when I was a kid! I donated my cassette tapes–of mostly Disney soundtracks!–years ago. It's cool you still have yours!

    Happy A to Z-ing! from Laura Marcella @ Wavy Lines

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey - you're behind! Please catch up so you don't get thrown out of A to Z!
    Mary at Mary A to Z

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, I'd almost forgotten about cassette tapes. Although I had some great stuff that I never managed to replace with c.d's, I don't miss the radio eating my tapes.

    Have fun with a-z.

    ReplyDelete