Saturday, May 28, 2011

Blackbeard and Chocolate Chips

I love Saturday mornings. They tend to be a bit lazier.... not a do nothing kind of day, but a day without hurry. A day made for fun. A day of discovery and laughter.  It's been that kind of day here. Our no hurry breakfast with Master Chef Benjamin. (I was told I was the sous chef for the day.)  He wanted to make breakfast. Chocolate chip muffins. 

Oh yes, it's a great way to start the day. (Not for me, of course. So he made me honey bran muffins too.)
He was the first one awake and wanted to surprise everyone.

Plus, the master chef gets to lick the spoon!

Then of course being the pirate fans that we are, we all gathered around to hear the story of the discovery of Blackbeard's anchor

We HAD to know more the Queen Ann's Revenge and learn a little pirate history. 

Of course we had to go see how Disney shows off Blackbeard with Jack Sparrow. Just for fun, click the compass. (yes, we earned all our pirate badges!) 

How do you spend your Saturday mornings?






3 comments:

  1. Well, this morning, I slept for much much much too long. I think I like your Saturday morning better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice way for you to spend the weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always nice to wake up to a warm breakfast that you didn't have to make...

    ReplyDelete