Monday, April 1, 2024

All Things Paranormal With A Few Writerly Things on the Side Letter A


I'm so excited to be a part of the A to Z Challenge this year! Sometimes you just hit that proverbial wall in life and it knocks you back on course. That's me. Butt kicked by the WALL, and I'm back on track. So, here's what I'm doing for the month. All things paranormal with a few writerly things on the side. I chose this theme because I'm working on the edits for my paranormal short story SPIRIT ECHO. Stick around, and we'll have some fun! 

A is for Apparition. Have you ever thought you've seen a ghost or apparition? Well, I have! Everyone has a spooky story they can tell about something that just can't be explained. I have a great picture of a woman, a transparent apparition standing behind my brother-in-law. I thought it was overexposure until I saw the second picture of the same pose. The ghost behind him was walking away and waving back to me! Great picture that I wish I had still! 
                                                     
Along with the theme All Things Paranormal, I'll be sharing from those that acutally lead paranormal investigation. This should be exciting! Believe if you will! First stop, the Augusta Pub in Kentucky. That place has seen it's fair share of paranormal activity! Check it out! 


Of writerly things... 
I'll be including different things to encourage the writing process. Today's is about getting inspired. This is a post with 13 Anne Lamott quotes for inspiration. 

https://cooksplusbooks.com/anne-lamott-quotes/

You can either practice being right or practice being kind.


I'm also including some Aesthetic words for you to enjoy! I do love collecting words! I'm going to see if I can use some of these in my upcoming novel!



A is for Apocalyptic
I've always wanted to write an apocalyptic novel since the 80s when all the great movies came out about the world ending due to comets, rise of machines, zombies, etc. I can't wait to share my upcoming novel with you! Hopefully it will be ready by summer!!

Do you have a favorite apocalyptic movie?
Are you on tiktok? Come join me in the #Aprilauthorchallenge. Find me @hancock_vanessa

11 comments:

  1. That is a lot of things to tackle! Paranormal and apocalyptic plus writing quotes. Good luck. - https://www.erinpenn.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree that most people have seen things they can't explain!
    Debbie
    #AtoZChallenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fun collection. I have a photo my sister took (she's an artist) and when I first saw it I thought it was supposed to be a ghost in a barn. It's actually a picture of her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome. Avar, I may be able to use that in my novel. Glad I hopped here today.
    https://uniquelymaladjustedbutfun.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never seen a ghost, but I have felt 'presences'. My favourite apocalyptic film is T2: Judgment Day.
    https://dacairns.com.au/blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the quote about being either right or kind.

    Ronel visiting for A: My Languishing TBR: A
    Abominable Wraiths

    ReplyDelete