Tuesday, April 2, 2024

All Things Paranormal With a Few Writerly Things on the Side Letter B


Welcome back for my return visitors and to those just dropping by! I'm participating in the A to Z Challenge. If you haven't registered, you still have time! Click HERE

All Things Paranormal
B is for Boo Buddy
During a paranormal investigaation set BooBuddy Jr. in an area where an entity might be present. Turn it on to detect energy changes in the room. Watch for the paws to light up indicating a spike in EMF energy.


B is for Blogging
Your writing encouragement because I change my blog a little here and there all of the time. 

https://cooksplusbooks.com/how-to-start-a-blog-for-writers/


Our fun writing word of the day!

B is for Blood
As I'm editing my short story SPIRIT ECHO, I realize I don't feel I write scenes with blood in them correctly. I don't want it to sound disgusting, but I aslo don't want it to sound like strawberry jam! I'll get there, but I don't enjoy writing scenes with blood!! 

If you're visiting from a blog, how long have you had your blog, and  how often to you post? 

8 comments:

  1. Hi there, don't worry about the writing about blood thing, as you say, you will get there.
    I have had my blog for quite a few years now, and have attempted to keep it strictly (as much as I can) as a writers blog, and I've copied the link to the 'How to...' blog you put up and will have a read through it later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! My blog started as a mommy blog, and I've tried to do more on the writing side of things.

      Delete
  2. I've been blogging for a number of years. I write about all sorts of things - whatever catches my interest, my family, my animals, random thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry about your bloody problem. I wouldn't have thought writing about blood was difficult, but there you go. I've been blogging for at least ten years. I was on Blogger but a couple of years ago I launched my own website and moved my blog there. On average I post weekly, but I also use guest bloggers (are you interested?) and of course there's the A to Z. I mostly write about writing and books, but also music and film and other things which interest me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The whole blood thing just feels like it needs more detail. I rush through it for sure! I need to write on my blog regularly again. I would love to be a guest blogger on your site!!

      Delete
  4. My present blog (which is my "second" base) has been going since 2016 and gets three postings per week - one flash, one "writerly" (writing exercise, book review, editing rant, etc), and one "blogging" (geeking science, pointing at others blogs, a picture, etc). Which means during the A-to-Z, I need to come up with 13 extra posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice B post. I don't enjoy writing about blood either. Please do check out my blog here: https://www.sundarivenkatraman.in/ I have been blogging from 2009; have 1000+ posts, used to blog voraciously. Nowadays, it's mostly about showcasing my books.

    ReplyDelete