Thursday, November 15, 2012

Five Minute Friday...... STAY


It's time once again for Five Minute Friday. I'm trying so hard to stay awake until the prompt is given out. All the fun of gathering on twitter using the hashtag #FMFparty on Thursday evenings is such a great way to connect with some amazing women. You'll find yourself laughing, praying, smiling, getting lost in thought, and making friends. Plan to be a part of the fun next week

The idea comes from Lisa-Jo Baker. Visit her blog and find out more. These are the basics she gives us from her instructions:

We write for five minutes flat. All on the same prompt that I post here at 1 minute past midnight EST ever Friday. And we connect on Twitter with the hashtag#FiveMinuteFriday


No extreme editing; no worrying about perfect grammar, font, or punctuation.
Unscripted. Unedited. Real.
Our Five Minute Friday prompt this week is....... 
STAY
Have you ever been in a place you really didn't want to be but you knew it was where you were suppose to stay? This was me..... living back in the town I where I grew up. I moved away for college at eighteen and at thirty-nine I moved back with my four kids. I kept one foot just out of the city limits and kept packing boxes in the garage ready to go if the opportunity should arise. It was home in the sense that my extended family lives all around here, but I saw it as a stopping off place. A pause.
Until......
Recently I have seen my world through different eyes. Seeing the world from a heart ready to live with whatever comes next. No regrets and never looking back. That's the way I want my kids to see me living. Time to settle in, make life real, make here..... home. There will always be a road for me leading out of town simply because my heart belongs to missions in Africa, but it's time to be where I am. Time to make life mine. Time to "be still" since that's the word God's been giving me. Time to stay. 














2 comments:

  1. both the staying and the going can be hard... the trick for me seems to be choosing contentment regardless of whether He's asking me to stay or go...

    appreciated these thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm learning to embrace life where I am right now, too. God has put me here for a reason, and I choose whether or not I will look for the blessings and grow, or just complain and be bitter.

    ReplyDelete