Thursday, November 1, 2012

Make A Vow, Do It Now!

With social media, our life is full of brief encounters.
- comment on a blog
- reply to a tweet
- like a post
- share a link
- endless texting

How many times today have you talked to someone? I love talking with my friends. I always have. I do believe I've broken more phones than anyone I know, but well worth it.

I don't like texting. I don't, but I do it because there are those friends that just will not talk on the phone. My talk on the phone friends are priceless. They know secrets I would never put down in words. They know the sound of my laughter. They know the voice of my tears. These are the few that I trust with truth.

Ever wonder what makes a true friend? Give someone your time. Give someone your laughter. Give someone the sound of your voice today to let that one person know, she was worth stopping in your day and sharing your world. Those true friends... well, with them I would even share my chocolate.

It's the beginning of a new month. Make a vow for the month of November to call or see your friends. Spend time with family. Face to face... that's where the heart grows.


1 comment:

  1. This is lovely. I also love phone chats. Hearing a friend's voice is a great tonic for a bad day.

    ReplyDelete