Thursday, August 18, 2011

Let's Celebrate The Big Red Barn

(Not this one, but that's what I think of when I hear the big red barn.)

There's just something about a big red barn sitting way off the road. A noble structure filled with the busy sounds of the day. Sweat, hard work, progress. Full of sleeping animals and quieted equipment in the night. My grandparents had a red barn in their pasture. I used to love being out near it. The smell of hay. The bustle of the animals. It was the smells and sounds of childhood.

I carry my camera everywhere looking for the perfect picture. Pulling up to a stop sign, a big red barn held my attention. I just sat there.... staring. A world of story ideas came flooding in and I had to have this picture. I pulled to the median and had the perfect angle.
There was just something about this barn. It's lovely, don't you think? This picture gave me such inspiration it has become part of the setting in book #3. 

Find your inspiration. Find a reason to write. Journey on.




1 comment: