Thursday, August 25, 2011

Let's Celebrate The Road

The open road. Windows down, hair up, music loud.

Alone. I enjoy alone. I do. I'm not antisocial. I'm a complete introvert, and while I adore my family and friends, I need time alone to collect myself. This stretch of highway is great for just that. Today, however, my son was with me. He sat behind me staring out the window. Tired. He spoke quietly, "Mommy, do you like the music loud when you are in here all by yourself?" I said... yes. He sighed, "Yeah, me too." So, I turned up our music. Rascal Flatts sang "My Wish" and we sang along. And in that moment I was reminded of this.... 





May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.




Enjoy the journey.



7 comments:

  1. I can do the loud music, but I always get the slow drivers in front of me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to drive and listen to the music loud. Inexplicably, it clears my head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. in the car on my own is generally the only time I play music loudly anymore. There's something very freeing about a decent length journey, without traffic, the window down and your own choice of music blaring

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vanessa, I came over here from the Adult-All Genres campaign list, and I really liked this post. I, too, am an introvert. I derive energy from being alone (and then, having recharged, I am able to enjoy others thoroughly).

    The title of your blog is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    Yep, give me the open road and music to sing with: from opera to smoochy jazz club numbers and rock 'n' roll.

    Fellow romance campaigner! ;)

    best
    F

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the smile, happy Mama! What lovely spirit you have! On a visit from the Campaign and so glad I did!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this post, Vanessa! I enjoy "alone," too. Hello from a first-time romance campaigner.

    ReplyDelete