Monday, February 13, 2012

The Pursuit of Chocolate

There's a never ending supply of chocolate this time of year. Shelves of every store overflow with the cheap stuff. I watched a teenage girl frantically trying to decide which box of "manly" chocolates to buy for her sweetie. She had several choices, but as her mother in frustration began walking away, the girl in her panic chose the monkey face box of goodness. That's a win. Who wouldn't want monkey chocolate? Oh, he might not appreciate all the trouble and anxiety she went through simply because he'll be too concerned if she likes the boxed cheapness he presents to her.

I'm not making fun. I promise. I think we just put too much thought on the gift and not the reason for it. How much more fun would it have been if they had just spent time together making chocolate cookies?

I still think the homemade stuff rules far above the rest. My crew is all trying to make something that only they make... the pursuit of something chocolate that they can make for the family. I have one that has perfected brownies.  We all had to beg the other night, and she caved. Brownies and milk... even she was glad she did it.

I have one that has decided fudge would be her creation of choice.

She enjoyed it so much that she wants to experiment now with adding things to her fudge. I can't wait to see what she can come up with.

Today daughter #3 wants to make chocolate muffins. We shall see how these turn out.

It's fun to watch my crew finding the things they like to create. It's not just about how proud I am, no... it really is about the chocolate.

Valentine's Day is tomorrow. Make room for chocolate in your day.

Oh, one last thing. I had a book signing on Saturday and I was able to find Hershey Kisses that match the cover of FRIDAY LUNCH. Nothing beats chocolate to attract people to your table.

No comments:

Post a Comment