Thursday, April 21, 2011

A-Z Blogging Challenge: Letter O


I have a mixed media A-Z for you all to enjoy! For my 26 posts enjoy great movie lines, favorite children's books, fantastic music selections, and perhaps an episode of Seinfeld or I Love Lucy! A little something for everyone!

Karen Blixen: If I know a song of Africa, of the giraffe and the African new moon lying on her back, of the plows in the fields and the sweaty faces of the coffee pickers, does Africa know a song of me? Will the air over the plain quiver with a color that I have had on, or the children invent a game in which my name is, or the full moon throw a shadow over the gravel of the drive that was like me, or will the eagles of the Ngong Hills look out for me? 

Denys: You've ruined it for me, you know.
Karen Blixen: Ruined what?
Denys: Being alone. 

by L. Frank Baum
(Delight in the land that has held our hearts for generations!)

Try a Little Tenderness
(One of my favorites! Enjoy!)



 I Love Lucy - The Operetta (full episode)
(A bit of trivia for your entertainment)

Music performed on this episode included "We're the Pleasant Girls", "Lily of the Valley", "I am the Queen of the Gypsies", and "We are the Troops of the King".

During the Operetta all the singing is done live except for Desi Arnaz's "Prince Lancelot" number because he couldn't sing and do the choreography at the same.

Lucy would send out autographed pictures to fans in the costume from this episode. 

According to Newsweek (1/19/53), "The Operetta" was the first episode of her parents' show that little Lucie Arnaz was allowed to stay up and watch.

This is the last episode that Marc Daniels directs. It's also his favorite. 





2 comments:

  1. The Lucy episode is not coming to me. I'm sure I must have seen it (haven't most of us seen all Lucy episodes multiple times?), but I just can't recall it. Now I'll have to be on the lookout for it.


    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again there are things here that have been seen in the UK at some time or another,
    As usual I enjoyed your post.

    Have a lovely day.
    Yvonne,

    ReplyDelete