Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My Blogiversary..... A Year I Won't Ever Forget

I remembered that yesterday was my Blogiversary. That's right. One entire year I've been a part of the brilliant blogosphere. Now, I didn't post every day mind you, but I have had great fun, and I've met some pretty amazing people along the way. Let's start out with a recap of the very first blog post.

And So It Begins.....

It's been an interesting year. In that time, I've seen my first book FRIDAY LUNCH published. I have been a part of several fantastic BLOGFESTS. 

The A-Z Challenge in April of 2011
Great fun with some amazingly creative people. You are welcome to journey through my blog and read all the posts of that event. Some great music, great quotes from Seinfeld and so much Lucy that you'll enjoy the laughter. The time is coming to be a part of the A-Z 2012 Challenge, so be thinking about how you might  be a part of the fun.

The host Alex J. Cavanaugh is worth the follow. We were given the challenge of listing our three favorite games and why they are favorites. See if you remember the #2 game I mention.

My kids enjoyed this one almost as much as I did. We have Dance In The Kitchen Fridays here so this blogfest helped feed our playlist quite a bit. Go read about the treasure I found.

The I'm A Platform Builder Campaign (from Rach Writes)
If you've never participated in this, mark it on your calendar. It's great fun, and it will get you out of your comfort zone. These are two of the challenges I completed:

I look forward to each post now, not just to see what I can come up with, but to appreciate the love and joy of each moment that comes with the reason behind the post. So, a big thanks to all the people who make blogging so much fun. It's not about how many people follow me, it's how many hearts take away a little bit of who I am from these posts, and maybe, just maybe remember the laughter they've found here. 



6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That's a lot of blogfests. I did the A to Z Challenge and Rach's Platform Building Campaigns last year and had a blast. I'm looking forward to them again this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Here's to another fabulous year of blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulation! Hope your next year of blogging is wonderful!

    -Pamela, InspiredByFelicity.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Vanessa!! Best wishes for each new post!! I am looking forward to joining you in a few of the challenges this year. I am also looking forward to your next book...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy your blog so I nominated you for "The Versatile Blogger Award". Come and check out the details at www.thefictionhole.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on an exceptionally productive and successful first year. I always enjoy the time I spend here and you keep me coming back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete